Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day Two - The Lost Files

Hello my loyal followers, day three and we're still traveling. I had left you in Ohio feelin a bit under the weather. I didn't feel much like writing so I apologise. Here's a bit of a recap on yesterday's progress westward.




We breezed through Ohio, flatlands and corn as far as the eye could see. Every farm seems to have some sort of irrigation pond which they've turned into some sweet water holes equippted with a dock, a gayzebo, some have diving boards. Can't forget the camper or small cabin. Pretty caribean blue water, sweet lil getaways if you ask me.

We did a stop over in Beaverdam (yup one word) at the truckstop there, had a helluva good sized lunch and really good corn/crab chowda and a salad buffet.

Back on the road we trailered on reaching Indiana. Claris was back in his home state and happy.



- there he is checking out the map to see how much further. Claris was so excited when we crossed the state line that he wouldn't settle down long enough to get a pic of the moment.

Somewhere in indiana I decided I really like red bull. Watch out.

We crossed over state lines to Illinois just after we witnesses a lil bit of Cow F***ing on route 30. I think I'm still blind. I don't believe the adult cows let the babies watch, what kinda parenting is that.

After one more gas stop and a switch of drivers we were in the back again as Al took us through the not so favorable sections of Chi Town. It was just about dusk but seemed more like midnight as we cut through Chicago Heights. Finally we got onto rt 80 for about a half hour to Morris Illinois. We stopes at a TA truck stop that was less than desireable.

Keep On Trucking!



-- On the road

1 comment:

  1. All the way to the mid-west to have crab chowder ~shakes head~

    ReplyDelete