Friday, July 31, 2009

Day Three - Iowa Till The Cows Come Home

Alright, I'm a little behind. Yesterday, Day Three of our journey to the west unfolded nicely. We started off a bit later, and after about an hour we stopped at the largest truckstop in the country -> Iowa 88 <- It was nice, it was big but I don't know about the biggest. Sure the chrome shop was huge, and it had a large gift shop, but what really makes it the biggest? I got a few Post cards from there, here have a look see.









Ok they're a bit blurry, but that's only cause the roads here suck!

The bottom pic is one of the chrome shop that wad of yella is a perty fine rig there.

I also got a great shower there. And had a name patch made up for my shop jacket.





After there we proceeded through the rolling corn filled plains of Iowa. Yup more corn.


Lots of pig filled trucks too, coming and going from the magical place that brings me one of my favorite foods BACON! Let me tell you something they Fricken STINK. But it is cute when they poke their noses out to say hi. Speedy Swines.

We pulled on through the hills then into the flatlands that were this damned concrete highway got a bit bumpier. Alex pretty much drove all day and my liking of redbull increased. I also realized it makes me pee. With only 80 miles left to our destination for the night we had to pull into a loverly rest area.

Just about 6:30 ish Central time well pulled into a Truck Stop. This one was a no namer... The search feature on this phone couldn't find it... Oh yeah, it was a doozie. Just after we drove around the dirt parking lot, and just before I had opened the door I made the comment about feeling like I was in a Stephen King story. I didn't really know how much more I would be feeling that way when I walked in to use the bathroom. For one, there was a line with a freaky poofy haired European immigrant letting me know this by sayin "full". Ok that's ok, i'll just look around, make sure captian spaulding wasn't peeking over the maze of product racks. I peeked back over and the poof lady was gone so I went and checked the ladies room. Both of the two stalls were full. Now ladies you all know you look under the stalls to see what we need to prepare for.

( note to self: remember to save as a draft or you'll lose shit!!!!! )

Alright well I spent about a half hour tediously typing on this bumpy road for me to hit save and post, well with no service out there it doesn't really work too well and I lost the ending chapter in my Stephen King story. It'll never come out the same cute and witty way so i'll just recap on that later when my spirits come back up from this lil upset.

Onto the ride from Sioux City Bad Dream to Sioux City Falls, the stopping place for night three. Al drove us the 90 miles north to the nearest Flying J. Driving north left us with a beautiful sunset out of our port window, Just after crossing over the Missouri River.







-- On the road

No comments:

Post a Comment